HOW TO TREAT YOUR CAR ONCE IT’S OUT OF AN AUTO BODY SHOP
You had an accident on the road. Fortunately, you got out unscathed. But your expensive car has suffered serious damage. You had insurance, though, and you searched for a collision repair Houston based service, found one, and sent it to their center. They did their job and a few weeks later you got your car back and now it looks better than ever. To keep it that way, there are a couple of things you should keep in mind:
- Wash your car by hand in the first month if the body has been repainted
- Use clean, fresh water, a soft sponge, and a mild washing solution.
- Do not use a commercial car wash as it may damage the paint.
- Do not use a stiff brush to wash your newly painted car, as it may spoil the finish.
- Do not dry wipe your vehicle or it may ruin the finish.
- Before and after washing the car, do not leave it exposed for long periods in the sun.
- Wash your vehicle in the shade.
- Do not wax your freshly painted car for at least two months – some types of car wax may interfere with the paint and cause discoloration or other unpleasant effects.
- If it is winter or summer and the weather is extreme (freezing cold and interminable snow or intense heat and scorching sunlight), it’s a good idea to keep your vehicle in your garage when not using it, rather than outside. This will help protect the fresh paint by preventing weather-related damage.
- Do not scrape ice from the surface of the car in the first month, as the paint is vulnerable to scratches. If ice does form, let it melt naturally.
- Avoid driving your car on gravel roads in the first month as much as possible. During that period, the finish can be easily chipped by pebbles.
- Do not park your car under trees that attract birds, as bird droppings have a high acidity and may damage the fresh coat of paint. If you do notice bird droppings on your car, clean them as quickly as possible.
Finally, it’s worth remembering that the long-term appearance of your car after it leaves an auto body shop Houston based depends to a large extent on the quality of the paint used, as well as on the skill with which it has been applied. For this reason, it’s best to use the auto body shop services of a reputed collision repair company such as Royal Collision, a premier BMW body shop and Lexus collision center in Houston, which uses only high-quality, authentic paint from the best providers and employs experienced and skilled car painters. To find out more about Royal Collision please visit www.royalcollision.com.